Lupus Alliance of Upstate New York Scholarship Program Instructions
The Lupus Alliance of Upstate New York (LAUNY) appreciates the value of education and is honored to fund four students in their pursuit of higher education, according to the following criteria:
1. Students must reside in one of the following regions:
Central New York – Cayuga, Cortland, Onondaga, Oswego counties
Genesee Valley New York – Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Wayne, Yates counties
Northeastern New York – Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, Washington counties
Western New York – Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming counties
2. Must be a full-time, registered student at a college or university and maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or higher for two semesters. Proof required.
3. Must have lupus or be the child of a person with lupus.
1. Entries must be received by end of day February 28, 2017.
2. Letter of recommendation from a non-family member, stating why you should be considered for this scholarship.
3. An essay (1,000 words or less) written by the applicant, telling the scholarship committee why you should receive this $1,000 scholarship.
4. Any person who receives a scholarship from the Lupus Alliance of Upstate New York agrees to sign a photo/PR release.
NOTE: Once an application is started, it cannot be saved. Please be prepared before you begin.